Sunday, April 17, 2011

Strength.

I can honestly say that I never knew the true definition of strength until I watched 127 Hours...

Ya know, the story about the mountaineer who slipped and got his arm pinned under a rock...
He was forced to choose death or to fight and get out alive.

He chose to fight.

No water, no food, drinking his own pee to stay alive, he cut his own arm off and got himself out of the canyon.


That kind of strength is only found within an extremely strong individual. Strong, deep down.
I don't think I would ever have that strength.
Unfortunately, I have to admit that I'd probably give up real quick.
Someday I hope that I can be the kind of person who can find that strength.

I cant believe I went this long without seeing this movie. Sure, I wanted to see it ever since it came out but I never did anything about seeing it. I highly recommend you Redbox it if you haven't seen it yet. I promise you won't be disappointed.
 The autobiography, Between a Rock and a Hard Place was was written after Ralston's experience.
You bet I'm gonna go pick up a copy of it Monday morning.



"When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through."

My mom always says, "I guarantee if you put your problems in a bowl with everyone elses... You'd choose to take yours back out and just deal with it."

I'm thankful I've never had to cut my own arm off.
I normally wouldn't have stopped to think that that was ever a blessing...

but it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment