Monday, April 25, 2011

This I Vow...

LOVE (noun, verb)
1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. A feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. Sexual passion or desire.
4. A person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
 
MARRIAGE (noun)
1. The social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
 
DIVORCE (noun, verb)
1. A judicial declaration dissolving a marriage in whole or in part, especially one that releases the husband and wife from all matrimonial obligations.
2. The dissolution of marriage.
 
 
Here are three things I'm terrified of.
I have tried to be open to the idea of love, and finding the "perfect" person... But It doesn't get me far. I look at the examples around me and I think to myself, "It's no wonder that love and marriages scare the hell out of me... My most influential examples all have failing marriages."
So I've given up hope. Most marriages these days seem to be ending in divorce. It's awful... It's hard on hearts and it's hard on the kids if there are any involved. I don't want to be another person that's part of the divorce statistic. I don't want to be another person with a broken heart because my spouse ended up being a completely different person than the one I fell in love with in the first place.
The only thing I ever wanted was one of those ridiculous love story, head-over-heels, full on fireworks kind of love...
But it doesn't exist. Especially not like in the movies.
 
 
Guys don't really chase girls down and pour their heart out, right when he's just about to never see her again...

 
Guys don't really jump on a last minute flight to tell a girl he's in love with her and needs to be with her...


Guys don't really kiss the crap out of their girl in a full on rainstorm...


Guys don't really look at girls like this...
 
 
Guys don't really say things like this...


Love like this doesn't happen...
 
 
Epic love stories don't really exist.
 
So, I vow to never get married. Ever.

1 comment: