Thursday, March 3, 2011

I thought you packed the toilet paper...

I left the bathroom window open as I was showering this afternoon since it was a fairly nice day today. When I got out, I could hear the neighbor boys riding their 4-wheelers in the dirt field behind my house. the combination of the fresh, almost-spring air and the sound of racing ATV's really made me want summer. BAD. I can't wait to go on some eventful camping trips... Either with family or with friends.

I miss camping.
I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to go.
I miss the fresh mountain air.
I miss crazy fast ATV rides.
I miss the ghetto old green tent that basically a million people can fit into.
I miss the clanking sound of the tea kettle as my daddy boils water for the hot cocoa every morning.
I miss how food always tastes so much better when cooked over a fire.
I miss being able to enjoy the sunrise.
I miss a good long hike.
I miss Jiffy pop and the endless junk food that's available 24 hours a day.
I miss being without a phone for a few days... No texts, tweets, emails or Facebook...
I miss going on nature walks and feeling thankful for our beautiful earth.
I miss the warm cozy feeling of nestling down into a warm flannel sleeping bag,
even if the night air is chilly.
I miss how grandma forgot the Ketchup.
I miss star gazing in the crisp night air, and counting my blessings because God knows I have so much to be thankful for.
I miss campfire songs and ghost stories.
I miss panicking about the thought of bear coming into camp.
I miss the crickets in the evening and the singing birds in the morning.
I miss the huge fires my dad can build in point two seconds.
I miss it all.


Part of the beauty of camping is living simply and doing without the things you're used to having available to you... And enjoying it.

I vow that I'll try and make it to a few more camping trips this summer.
I hope this will be an unforgettable summer because I'll be honest...

The last few have sucked.

Summers are supposed to be full of epic adventures and grand memories.... Good friends and late nights.... Sunny days at the pool and snow cones...

I want this simmer to bring these things and a lot of good memories :]

2 comments: