Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Moments that Matter...

Justice is my second home.
Literally.



I love my job. I love meeting all these adorable girls everyday and helping them feel special and having a splendid time with them.
Nothing is better than seeing an electrified smile spring across her face when she finds the perfect outfit, the perfect accessory, or when she's wished a "Happy Birthday" on her special day.
One of my fondest memories over the past three years I have been there has to be sometime within the first year I was there. I had gone through some major, but greatly needed changes in my life and was figuring some things out. I stepped up my game and let the adorable girls heal my broken heart. One evening I was working when two girls (probably around ages six and eight?) came in with their mother. We had fun picking out outfits, accessories, shoes and fun things. They danced to the music and showed off their treasures they had found that they got to take home. As  they were leaving I walked with them to the door to say goodbye and the girls both gave me the biggest, loving hugs. They were thrilled from the bottom of their heart that I took the time to have fun with them. That's when I knew I loved my job. Since then, I've had my share of ups and downs... Good days and bad days... But I still can honestly say that I enjoy my job. That's not the most common of statements to hear these days. I am one of the few lucky ones.

Considering where I work, I love me some tweeny-bop music...
I hear it all day long, everyday.
It's become a part of me.
It's fun, happy, upbeat...
Yes, I love Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, Selina Gomez and Demi Lavatto... And yes, it's ALL on my iPod.
As I was driving home from work the other day, my pod was on shuffle. A Corbin Bleu song came on titled,
Moments that Matter
Naturally, I left it on and listened to it.
Part of the song goes like so:

Keep those you love close to you
Cause when it gets tough, they'll help you pull through
No, don't let anybody take your moment from you
Because that's all that matters in the end
That's all that matters...

Cause I figured out these are the moments that matter, matter
And I figured out, that these are the moments that mean the most to me
Cause I know I got

friends

trust

family

and love

All around me, that should be enough
And I figured out that these are the moments that matter, matter to me...


Then I stopped to think about my amazing family and friends. They're always there, they're always loving, and I felt honored to be blessed with so many great people in my life. 
Sure, I have my hard days. I struggle and I hurt... But I fight through the pain and the crap that's pulling me down because that's the only choice I have. Eventually, it will pass...
It is but a small moment in time-- Less than a split second in the eternal perspective.  

I'm learning to love myself and I'm learning to love everything about my life, whether it be joyous or difficult.


"Remember, this is now. Live it, feel it, cling to it.
I want to become acutely aware of all I've taken for granted..."
-Sylvia Plath





1 comment:

  1. I love you bridge!!! That's all I have to say........
    Love,
    Your justice mom

    ReplyDelete